Val’s important issues if elected:
- Further cultivate the propulsion and vibrancy generated by Mayor Suthers and the current City Council, resulting in a continued smooth running government and getting things done
- Increasing parks maintenance annual funding. Much of our economy depends on the development and beauty of the natural resources of our superb award winning park system. Park maintenance funding is a big part of this.
- Promoting Fountain Creek Watershed and greenway health and preservation. The Fountain Creek Watershed was damaged in the Waldo Canyon Fire. Watershed and greenway health affect local flood control and mitigate pollutants from flowing down Fountain Creek.
- Implementing the updated Colorado Springs Comprehensive Plan (Plan COS), especially for the section Vibrant Neighborhoods Framework. This will insure your voice is heard and represented by the Plan COS implementation.
- Timely replacement power for the Drake Power Plant retirement resulting in dependable, cleaner future power for you and your family.
- Homelessness: While the problem and challenges are well known, the solutions are not one dimensional. I will engage and listen to competing ideas until we as a community fully understand what is needed and resources required.